Friday, November 16, 2012
Actors Rolando and LeShay T. Boyce best known as “Cathy and Rufus” from R. Kelly’s award-winning hip-hopera video, “Trapped in the Closet" are featured in the new chapters of “Trapped” being released on November 23rd and aired on IFC. This REAL LIFE married couple met on the set of Trapped and married a few years after...Must be an interesting story there!!! Stay tuned! And for now check out the sneak clips below! Thanks Lisa :-)
Friday, November 2, 2012
(All Images are the property of Getty Images for Mercedes Benz Fashion Week)
The IDEAL Magazine
Reem Acra’s designs epitomize global glamour by offering women her innate fashion sense, European style and understanding of what looks and feels beautiful. Interlaced with her sense of luxury, her regal designs are developed with a modern aesthetic. The ready-to-wear and bridal collections evoke an ethereal quality, which appeals to a discerning clientele including personalities, royalty, and style setting women from all corners of the world.
In 1997, Acra launched her fashion business with a bridal collection that quickly became recognized for its elegance and impeccable designs. This success led to the introduction of the Reem Acra ready-to-wear collection six years later. Similar to its bridal counterpart, it features meticulously constructed designs ranging from understated chic to the ornate. It is distinctly modern but marked by rich color, lush fabrics, flawless construction and playful patterns. The Reem Acra flagship, located at 14 East 60th Street off Madison Avenue in New York City, opened in 2003. It is a jewel box that houses all the collections and mirrors the brand aesthetic.
While attending the American University of Beirut, Acra was discovered by a fashion editor. Captivated with the ornately embroidered silk organza gown Acra made from her mother’s dining room tablecloth and wore to a party, she instantly offered to host a fashion show for Acra that took place ten days later. Following the serendipitous encounter, Acra studied at The Fashion Institute of Technology in New York and its Paris counterpart at Esmod.
A short stint as an interior designer was followed by Acra’s return to her fashion roots working in Hong Kong and New York. A style-setting friend wore Acra’s first bridal design to her society wedding and it sparked international interest for the designer and Reem Acra Bridal was born. The gowns became renowned for transforming classic bridal designs through the finest silks, intricate beading and exquisite embroidery.
Celebrated for her ability to match a look to a woman’s personality, Acra has dressed global icons of style for weddings, red carpet appearances and awards ceremonies. Her following includes Angelina Jolie, Halle Berry, Beyonce Knowles, Catherine Zeta-Jones and Eva Longoria as well as royal families around the world.
Acra’s ready-to-wear and bridal collections are carried by 150 of the world's most exclusive retailers. These stores include Bergdorf Goodman, Neiman Marcus and Saks Fifth Avenue in the United States as well as Saks Fifth Avenue and Harvey Nichols in the Middle East. Her designs are also available at top specialty retailers across the world: in Kuwait, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, Istanbul, Egypt, Hong Kong, Singapore, Japan and Korea.
Thursday, November 1, 2012
|Squash and Squash seeds are smart foods|
The IDEAL Magazine
The holidays are fast approaching as well as the cold weather. The tendency to put on a few more pounds and make excuses for it drastically increases. Yet, it does not have to be this way. You can slowly incorporate better food choices into your daily eating habits...some of which, you probably already have or can adjust to have very easily. Remember, if you learn which of the foods you already like are better for you than others, you may have a better chance at keeping the weight off, and even losing a few pounds in the process. A smart food is one that is good for you nutritionally and helps aid in weight loss as well.
- Apples: No surprise here. The saying "An apple a day keeps the doctor away" is very popular for a reason. They are a good source of fiber and if eaten after a meal can help the feeling of fullness go up to 2 hours longer.
- Cinnamon: This spice can be added not just to morning or dessert foods, but can also be added to poultry as well for an interesting zing. It reduces your blood sugar levels which is an added bonus for reduction of calories in your body.
- Pine Nuts: If you are a "pesto" lover, you are already consuming pine nuts! Pine nuts help you to feel full faster and contains the most protein of all nuts.
- Chili Peppers: If you are into the spicy things, this one you will love. By raising your blood temperature it can help to burn calories, but it also it has the ability to help you feel full faster as well.
- Pumpkin or Squash Seeds (Pepitas): Can help to decrease the body's ability to store fat! In addition to being high in Omega-3 fatty acids, they are high in protein and manganese which helps to control cravings and appetite. Roast a few and add them to your salad or top on your meat dishes.
© IDEAL PR MEDIA | All rights reserved.