1. Jesse Williams was a complete winner. Not only was his choice of attire a complete 10, but his acceptance speech was incredible. If you are not "WOKE" after hearing that, something is wrong.
2. Mya was radiant in yellow. This ensemble is classy, on-trend, and is an amazing color on her. We adore yellow.
3. Mayte was simply flawless. She started the night looking great on the red carpet, and ended the show on stage with the epic performance by Sheila E as part of a tribute to the late, great PRINCE.
4. LisaRaye was perfect in her signature white. She sparkled and shined with a pop of purple in her hair in honor of PRINCE.
5. Cory Hardrict was suave and drop dead gorgeous (You go Tia!) in his fashionable tuxedo. We are so proud and happy for his recent screen projects.
6. Jeff Friday and his beautiful wife Nicole, one of our favorite couples graced the red carpet in classy style. Jeff's suit was a great choice and Nicole's shoes...stop the press!
7. Regina Hall was killing it in her black dress, and Morris Chestnut was a nice accessory. Looking forward to their new movie in September 2016 ("When the Bough Breaks).
8. MC Lyte stepped out on the carpet with a very elegant and upscale look, which she wears very well. We love this look on her.
9. Tosha Smith rocked the red carpet with her African patterned jumper and hair twists.
Not So Favorite...
And while we appreciate the artistic nature of Janelle Monáe we were not impressed with her red carpet attire or her performance...Hey...the hat was ALL WRONG. SMH.