Friday, September 30, 2016
Sunday, September 11, 2016
Saturday, September 10, 2016
I was the lucky winner of original illustration art work created onsite by artist and DC resident Chris Clapp Logan, which comprises of 11 illustrations!!! And there is no way I am parting with these beauties. For those of you who know me, I adore fashion illustrations, so these talented pieces will be creatively displayed very soon.
The IDEAL mag will be featuring this event with a host of additional extras from the event in our fall/winter issue, so be on the look out!
Thursday, September 8, 2016
Sunday, September 4, 2016
With Summer winding down and football season gearing up, it is now time to step your grilling game into high gear. Be it one last holiday shebang on Labor Day, or a gathering with your friends on a Sunday afternoon for a football frenzy, here is a smoking recipe you might want to dazzle your guests with, and a few gadgets you might just want to try out (PartyQ, DigiQ, and CyberQ) with the recipe courtesy of chef Robert “BBQ Bob” Trunk and BBQGuru.com.
Recipe: Bacon Wrapped Cheese and Pineapple Jalapeños
(Also Known As: Grilled Pineapple ABT’s (Atomic Buffalo Turds)
10 Jalapeno peppers
1 (8 oz) container of Philadelphia cream cheese
5 Pineapple rings (canned)
1 lb of raw bacon
8 oz of pulled pork (optional)
½ tsp of BBQ Bob’s Alpha BBQ rub (optional)
- Pre-heat Grill/smoker to 275°F
- Slice Jalapenos in half and scoop out seeds. Set aside.
- Put jalapenos, BBQ rub, pulled pork, and cream cheese together in a bowl and let sit for 20 minutes.
- Place pineapple rings on the grill over direct heat and cook for about 3 minutes. Just enough to get some grill marks and allow the sugars to caramelize.
- Chop pineapple rings and let them cool. Once cooled, place into cream cheese mixture.
- Spoon the filling into the Jalapeno halves.
- Cut bacon slices in half
- Wrap ½ slice of bacon around stuffed pepper halves and hold bacon to pepper with toothpicks.
- Place peppers on a rack and cook indirect for approximately 1.5 hours on grill or until bacon is rendered and crispy.
© IDEAL PR MEDIA | All rights reserved.